Thursday 16 January 2014

Indie Fashion/Styling.


During my research of Indie Fashion/Styling, I found a website dedicated to this particular genre. Indie Fashion/Styling ‘’tends to be old/vintage clothing. They are clothing from lesser known, independent clothing brands. The Fashion/Style mainly consists of flannels, old retro/band t-shirts, chucks, converses, skinny jeans’’

(Source: urbandictionaryindiefashion).


FEMALES:



Although my models are Male, I wanted to portray the sort of Indie Fashion/Styling for the Females. This is because there may be similarities between Female and Male Indie Fashion/Styling.





MALES:









The similarities between the Male and Female Indie Fashion/Styling are the colour of the clothes used. They are basic with a dash of bright colour to attract attention.

 

The style elements I’d incorporate from these images would be the baggy jumper and the black skinny jeans. I am not convinced about the shoes that they are all wearing; I was thinking of having my models wear converses. One of my models will have a professional, smart outfit whereas one will have a casual outfit (to show the contradiction).




 For the smart look I am thinking about using a style like ‘Sam Smith’ (an Artist).

 

Sam Smith, Somerset HouseI like the shirt, buttoned up, and the type of coat used. The way the collars are ‘pumped up’ gives an air of the Indie Look. Other Artists that incorporate this look are ‘The Smiths’, ‘The Stone Roses’ and many more Indie Bands similar to these.



For the casual look, I am thinking about using the left member from Disclosure.



Knalldrang » Interview: one minute with Disclosure’s Guy LawrenceThe baggy jumper gives the sense of a relaxed atmosphere and coincides with the Indie look.


 



































































 



 



















2 comments:

  1. Summarise the style elements you will include in your mag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have clearly gone into detail about what you want to use for your photoshoot and you have a clear idea about how you want to dress your models. This will make it easier to plan and go through with your shoot. I like the idea of all of the images too, this helps us visualize what you're going to do.

    ReplyDelete